Beautiful outside, sunny and warm, and with a nearly cold wind blustering through the palm trees to keep the heat under control. I’m preparing for a trade show, the World Tea Expo at the Long Beach Convention Center. I’ll be an exhibitor. Took 3-1/2 days of my time last week and I wrapped up the final details today. This is my first time doing a trade show and I had no idea about all the logistical details that go into it, but I know them now. The Expo opens Wednesday and closes Friday. So little writing done last week and there will be be none this week, except for what I might manage today. Tuesday is move-in day for my booth.
I’ve finished Dust, found a market, but can’t let it go yet. Want to give it one more pass, and then I’ll shoot the engineer. I’ve printed out 90 pages of the Shadow Walk novella; it’s roughly finished, but far from ready to wing away.
Michelle and I had our monthly accountability and writing meeting. I restructured a chapter of The Foreigner. I’d like to work more on it. It’s a good novel.
Since the writing will be down for the week, where am I with things:
- Crossing, short-short, submitted
- Edited Dust, 5000 words, ready for submission
- Shadow Walk, horror novella, rewritten and restructured, about 36,000 words (restructured from 50,000-word novel manuscript)
- Romancing the Night, stalled novel, 6,565 words
- A Terrible Thing, short story, submitted
- Shadow, horror short story, published, The Horror Zine
- Runaway Heart, novel, in progress
- Chained, fantasy novel, a little bit of work done on it
- Attended Literary Orange Conference
- Attended IndieReCon, online conference
WORK IN THE HOPPER
- The Foreigner, fantasy novel
- The Red Goddess, sword and sorcery short story
- A Useless Blind, steampunk mystery
- The Friendship Killers, novel
- Vampire article
- Non-fiction project: writing workshop
There I be.