A bright and sunny Sunday outside, makes yesterday’s trouble with Shadow Walk seem minuscule, but still, after a week of wrestling with the story, I’m feeling frazzled and anxious. It’s the last day of Grand Prix weekend, could hear the furious buzz of racing cars from Shoreline all day yesterday. April’s progress so far . . .
- Finished Dust, short story, draft was 8014 words, edited final 5743
- Finished Werewolf, Zombies, Sunrise, short story, 1311 words.
- April 5, attended Literary Orange Conference, Irvine. Excellent conference. Really enjoyed the “Modern Ficton” panel. Emily St. John Mandel was the morning speaker. Bought her book, Station Eleven, and got her autograph too. The afternoon speaker was Annabelle Gurwitch, actress, activist, and comedic writer.
- Shadow, horror short story, published in The Horror Zine Summer Edition.
- Revising and editing Shadow Walk, horror novella, at 28,152 words, (wrote 4,747 words this month so far)
- April 15 – 17. Attended online IndieReCon 2015. My first time; great conference for independent publishing. Took pages and pages of notes from the many video seminars, learned much, saved a number of seminar blog posts too. Recommend it. Also, discovered writer Roz Morris
- Started a new short story, working title, Brenda. Wrote 581 words.
- Romancing the Night, vampire romance novel for April Camp Nano, stalled at 8049 words. Don’t think I’ll make it this time.
- Prepared A Terrible Thing, horror short story, for submission. Second time.
- Posted 7 blogs
Total words for April so far: 46,756.