My friend Michelle kindly nominated pendrifter for a Liebster Award. It’s to endorse and promote small blogs. Getting nominated made me smile. I’m going to divide my response in two parts. For the first part, I’ll answer the 11 nominee questions.
1. What do you miss most about kindergarten? –I didn’t go to kindergarten. My schooling began with 1st grade (at an Air Force base school in Germany).
2. Who is your favorite bad guy and why? –Loki (Marvel’s The Avengers). He’s so full of himself, arrogant, witty, with a streak of megalomaniac psychosis, and has such a good time being bad.
3. Name your favorite fruit and why you chose it. –The pineapple. I love its yellow, jewel-toned interior, the way it smells and its sharply sweet taste with an indescribable note of flavor that has the aura of dream.
4. What’s the most recent good book you read? –-The Iron Wyrm Affair by Lilith Saintcrow
5. If you could be anywhere at this moment (real or fictional), where would you appear? –Pompeii. I’ve always been fascinated by ancient cultures and I think there have been cultures and civilizations lost to human memory and buried in time so to see the remains of those places that once thrived with human life is stimulating. I would love to walk through Pompeii.
6. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? –I’d become more outgoing, less of an introvert.
7. On your blogsite, which is your favorite post and why? –-The Chicken Incident. It’s an old memory that reminds me of a moment of transformation.
8. If you were drafted to live in a biosphere with strangers for a year, what (not who) would you miss most about your present life? –Solitude.
9. What’s your trick to start writing for the day (or session)? –-I do a number of things—I’ll make coffee, and either write in my Moleskine journal or read an article on writing, or look through one of my writing books or read a few pages of fiction, or I’ll just sit down and think. It all depends on my mood.
10. What was your finest vacation experience? –-The Rhine River Cruise I took in 2012.
11. If you could live in any time, when would you choose? –-Being female and black, I choose Right Now. The past fascinates me and is great fodder for the imagination, but I do not glorify it.
Next time, the second part. Have to come up with a set of 11 questions and nominate other blogs for the Liebster Award.