In an e-mail to Michelle, talking about meeting writing objectives, commented I was like a new gun owner who couldn’t shoot, always missing the target by at least a mile. Looking over my April writing in comparison to my quarterly and yearly objectives just makes me sigh.
Friday Report No. 3, April 16
- Continued planning daily agendas for Spring Forward Writing Workshop, scheduled May 26 – May 31, 2010
- Attended Literary Orange Writers Conference, UC, Irvine. Had my flagging creative spirit lifted.
- Wrote review of Two Worlds of Poul Anderson for Wildside Press.
- Journaled story notes and writing thoughts in Moleskine.
- Wrote 500-word opening scene of a new horror story–may be a novella.
- Wrote story notes and narrative bits for April’s short story.
- Wrote story planning notes on new characters for an urban fantasy with noir elements.
- Wrote opening scene to a new literary short story, about 200 words.
April Writing Activities:
- 24-Hour Short Story Contest, April 24-25
- Meeting with Janet, April 17
- Do exercise from Carol Bly’s book on short story writing
- Plan and write next scene in horror story
- Write April’s short story
- Continue story planning for urban fantasy with noir elements
- Continue writing new literary short story