Alrighty then! I’m excited. The final year of the first decade of this century begins in twenty-four hours. I love new beginnings! I’ve got plans for 2010, yes I do. I’m leaving 2009 in pretty good shape, writing-wise. I got my copy of The Horror Zine anthology yesterday. It’s a beautiful edition. The artwork is wonderfully sinister and creepy, and I’m so glad to see Ghost of Roses–which I thought would never be published–in its new home. I’m very pleased.
So, time for bobbles and triumphs, the sequel. Here’s how it went in 2009.
- Published Ghost of Roses short story at The Horror Zine online (2nd Acceptance!)
- Completed NANO novel draft – The Key to Chaos
- Worked on A Lamentation of Swans, 1st Quarter – 42,804 words
- Completed 1st Revision goal of 50,o00 words of Sweet Taboo
- A total of 4 short stories went to market (2 didn’t come back; 1 did; and 1’s still out there.)
- Submitted How Moon Got Her Glow to an agent. (Rejected.)
- Did not complete A Lamentation of Swans
- Did not write a new short story
- Did not write the Loose Daddy synopsis
- Did not set up freelance writing site
- Did not research Taken
- Did not write every day
Attended World Fantasy Convention, San Jose, CA
Signed up at WD Online for fiction workshop to work on A Lamentation of Swans. Completed workshop.
In January, will post 2010 GDR’s.